Engine:Evolution V Twin 1202cc
A modern take on what’s been putting big grins on the faces of Sportster® motorcycle riders for decades.
Styling and Features
Sportster Iron 1200 XL1200NS Video
- Length86.6 in.
- Seat Height, Laden25.7 in.
- Seat Height, Unladen28.9 in.
- Ground Clearance5.5 in.
- Rake (steering head) (deg)30
- Trail4.6 in.
- Wheelbase59.6 in.
- Tires, Front Specification100/90B19 57H
- Tires, Rear Specification150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity3.3 gal.
- Oil Capacity (w/filter)2.8 qt.
- Weight, As Shipped545 lb.
- Weight, In Running Order564 lb.
- EngineAir-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore3.5 in.
- Stroke3.8 in.
- Displacement73.4 cu in
- Compression Ratio10:01
- Fuel SystemElectronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- ExhaustBlack, staggered exhaust and headers with black slash-cut mufflers
- Primary DriveChain, 38/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th3.517
- Wheels, Front TypeBlack, 9-spoke
- Wheels, Rear TypeBlack, 9-spoke
- Brakes, Caliper TypeDual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing MethodJ1349
- Engine Torque73 ft-lb
- Engine Torque (rpm)3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.)27
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.)28
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/48 mpg
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator LampsHigh beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (if equipped), ABS (if equipped)
- GaugesHandlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
- Body material: steel
- Cover: side
- Fender: front
- Foot pegs: driver
- Frame: steel
- Guard: belt
- Stand type: kick
- Steering control: handlebar
- Headlights: halogen
- Wheels: aluminum
- Gauge: speedometer
- Warnings and reminders: low fuel level
- Seat: driver
- Seat type: one-piece
- Upholstery: leather
- Primary drive (engine / transmission): chain
- Primary drive (rear wheel): belt
- Starter: electric
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Transmission type: manual
- Front suspension type: telescopic fork
- Rear shock type: adjustable pre-load
- Rear suspension material: steel
- Rear suspension type: twin sided swing arm
- Front brake type: hydraulic disc
- Rear brake type: hydraulic disc
- Manufacturer recommend minimum age: 16
- Front brake diameter: 11.8
- Rear brake diameter: 11.8
- Ground Clearance: 5.5
- Height: 48.8
- Length: 86.0
- Seat Height: 28.9
- Standard Seating: 1
- Wheelbase: 59.6
- Width: 36.0
- Front Tire Aspect Ratio: 90
- Front Tire Description: Michelin Scorcher 100/90 R19 57H
- Front Tire Speed Rating: H
- Front Tire Width (in): 3.9
- Front Tire Width (mm): 100
- Front Wheel Diameter: 19.0
- Rear Tire Aspect Ratio: 80
- Rear Tire Description: Michelin Scorcher 150/80 R16 77H
- Rear Tire Speed Rating: H
- Rear Tire Width (in): 5.9
- Rear Tire Width (mm): 150
- Rear Wheel Diameter: 16.0
- Dry Weight: 547.0
- Engine Displacement to Weight Ratio: 2.20
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 3.3
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: 1000
- Max Payload: 436
- Wet Weight: 564.0
- Engine Torque: 73
Other Vehicles You May Like
Contact dealer to check unit availability.
All advertised prices exclude any government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Advertised prices are valid for a limited time on specified pre-owned units, while they last. Limited-time pre-owned promotional motorcycle pricing may not be combined with any other promotion, offer or discount.
Advertised payments based on stock models in black with 30% down, 84-month term, 6.99% APR with approved credit. Sportster models based on 72-month term. Does not include freight, set-up, tax, title or license. Payments do not apply to specifically priced bikes.
While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Please verify any information in question with dealer.
See dealer for details.