Engine:Evolution V Twin 1202cc
The first time the world saw this iconic 2.1-gallon gas tank was in 1948. But the world has never seen it sitting atop anything quite like this. The Forty-Eight®. Designed with its signature bulldog stance and the powerful 1200cc Evolution®engine. Large 49mm front forks, an adjustable rear suspension, cast aluminum wheels with floating rotors and powerful brakes bring plenty of handling and comfort to all this heavy-hitting style.
- Length85 in.
- Seat Height, Laden26.2 in.
- Seat Height, Unladen27.3 in.
- Ground Clearance3.9 in.
- Rake (steering head) (deg)30.2
- Trail5.3 in.
- Wheelbase59.3 in.
- Tires, Front Specification130/90B16 73H
- Tires, Rear Specification150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity2.1 gal.
- Oil Capacity (w/filter)2.8 qt.
- Weight, As Shipped538 lb.
- Weight, In Running Order551 lb.
- EngineAir-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore3.5 in.
- Stroke3.811 in.
- Displacement73.4 cu in
- Compression Ratio10:01
- Fuel SystemElectronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary DriveChain, 38/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th3.517
- ExhaustChrome, staggered shorty exhaust with black dual slash-cut mufflers
- Wheels, Front TypeBlack, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
- Wheels, Rear TypeBlack, Split 9-Spoke Cast Aluminum w/ Machined Highlights
- Brakes, Caliper TypeDual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing MethodJ1349
- Engine Torque70.8 ft-lb
- Engine Torque (rpm)3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.)27.1
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.)27.1
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy48 mpg
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator LampsHigh beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges4-inch Speedometer mounted low and integrated into handlebar clamp electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/gear display, ABS light, LED indicator lights
- Cover: side
- Fender: front
- Foot pegs: driver
- Frame: steel
- Guard: belt
- Stand type: kick
- Steering control: handlebar
- Headlights: halogen
- Wheels: aluminum
- Gauge: speedometer
- Warnings and reminders: low fuel level
- Seat: driver
- Seat type: one-piece
- Upholstery: leather
- Primary drive (engine / transmission): chain
- Primary drive (rear wheel): belt
- Starter: electric
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Transmission type: manual
- Front suspension size (in): 49
- Front suspension type: telescopic fork
- Rear shock type: adjustable pre-load
- Rear suspension material: steel
- Rear suspension type: twin sided swing arm
- Front brake type: hydraulic disc
- Rear brake type: hydraulic disc
- Manufacturer recommend minimum age: 16
- Front brake diameter: 11.8
- Rear brake diameter: 11.8
- Ground Clearance: 3.9
- Length: 85.0
- Seat Height: 27.3
- Standard Seating: 1
- Wheelbase: 59.3
- Front Tire Aspect Ratio: 90
- Front Tire Description: Michelin Scorcher 130/90 B16 73H
- Front Tire Speed Rating: 73H
- Front Tire Width (in): 5.1
- Front Tire Width (mm): 130
- Front Wheel Diameter: 16.0
- Rear Tire Aspect Ratio: 80
- Rear Tire Description: Michelin Scorcher 150/80 R16 77H
- Rear Tire Speed Rating: 77H
- Rear Tire Width (in): 5.9
- Rear Tire Width (mm): 150
- Rear Wheel Diameter: 16.0
- Dry Weight: 538.0
- Engine Displacement to Weight Ratio: 2.24
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 2.1
- Wet Weight: 551.0
- Engine Torque: 71
Contact dealer to check unit availability.
All advertised prices exclude any government fees and taxes, any finance charges, any dealer document processing charge, any electronic filing charge, and any emission testing charge. Advertised prices are valid for a limited time on specified pre-owned units, while they last. Limited-time pre-owned promotional motorcycle pricing may not be combined with any other promotion, offer or discount.
Advertised payments based on stock models in black with 30% down, 84-month term, 6.99% APR with approved credit. Sportster models based on 72-month term. Does not include freight, set-up, tax, title or license. Payments do not apply to specifically priced bikes.
While every reasonable effort is made to ensure the accuracy of this information, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions contained on these pages. Please verify any information in question with dealer.
See dealer for details.